Young Harris Water Sports is currently looking for an experienced Service Technician/Manager to fill the position as a Rental Service Tech/Manager for our companies locations in Eatonton/Greensboro, GEORGIA on Lake Oconee. This is a job of one for now with possible team members added at a later point. Interested candidates must possess 5+ YEARS MARINE SHOP EXPERIENCE! We will not substitute other experience for this. MUST HAVE MARINE EXPERIENCE on Yamaha Jet Skis/Outboards & Mercury Inboards/Outboards.
This a fast paced environment working in all types of weather & temperatures (hot, cold, rain, etc.). This is a do what it takes position that runs very heavy during season (April – September)!
– Inspects, maintains, and repairs all water craft (jet skis, ski boats, wake boats, pontoon boats, center consoles) at our various rental locations on Lake Oconee.
– Diagnose and repair boat engines & components of outboard motors (Yamaha & Mercury) as well as jet skis (Yamaha).
– Perform preventive maintenance and manufacture required routine service on all water craft to include engine, electrical systems, gearing, rigging, safety equipment, etc..
– Work with all outside vendors to schedule work, ensure work is complete, and done promptly (fiberglass repair, prop refurbishing, welding, painting, upholstery, etc.)
– Order & ensure we get correct parts through Mercury, Yamaha, and other approved vendors
– File for reimbursement of warranty work
– Creating and completing service work tickets through Lightspeed system
– Cleaning water craft when necessary
– Will be expected to perform dockhand positions responsibilities periodically during high season (if shop is slow or when necessary) and more often during slow season which includes captaining boats, orientations for renters, gassing boats, docking and inspecting boats at check in and out, answering telephone, and all other dockhand duties
– ALL other duties as assigned regardless of your direct responsibility (no assignment is beneath you)
– The continued operation of rental craft
– Doing what it takes including working weekends and some times working late or early morning to keep rental fleet operating (if it’s not renting it’s not making money)
– Providing world class customer service by appropriately communicating with customers over the phone to fix service related issues during rentals
– Repairing water craft anywhere on any dock or on water where water craft is located in order for guest to continue rental.
– Towing watercraft by boat or truck
– Keeping location managers informed of repair time frames
– Clean driving record
– Reliable vehicle
– Has own set of tools
– 5 years of marine related experience
– Electrical and plumbing knowledge
– Outboard/inboard mechanical experience
– PWC experience
– Is meticulous, clean and has a strong attention to detail
– Must be a self-starter who is able to work under minimal supervision, follow through with tasks, and take ownership and pride in work performed.
– Must have a consistent and reliable work ethic by utilizing time efficiently in order to complete assigned tasks within defined deadlines.
– Must be willing and able to travel within the Lake Oconee area and work extended hours on occasion, during high demand periods
– Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards will be required.
– Ability to communicate well with others, location managers, and teammates
Preference will be given to candidates with:
– CDK Lightspeed experience
– Basic MS Office experience: Outlook, Excel
– Management experience leading other employees (position could turn into more management role in future)
– Regional Manager of Lake Oconee
– Service Manager located at Young Harris, GA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $62,000.00 per year